UPDATE: Although restrictions are being lifted on 19 July 2021, all our Covid-19 procedures will remain in place until further notice, including the requirement for all visitors and staff to wear a face covering at all times.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are doing everything we possibly can to keep you safe. We want you to be able to relax and enjoy your therapy with us, safe in the knowledge that we are doing all we can to keep you and our staff protected.
When lockdown began in March, we spent 3 months deep cleaning the Centre and making it “Covid safe” – and we cleaned EVERYTHING! This included:
- Deep cleaning every inch of our therapy beds.
- Removing all but essential equipment and deep cleaning what was left in the rooms (eg trolleys, lamps, bolsters, towel warmers, oil bottles).
- Removing heaters from the walls and cleaning them.
- Cleaning of light switches and sockets.
- Replacing blinds with new ones made from easier to clean plastic.
- Replacing flooring, where necessary.
- Repainting EVERY therapy room, hallways, toilets, reception, kitchen and the office, including all ceilings and woodwork.
- Putting hygiene cladding on walls in areas that are most frequently touched, to make cleaning easier and more effective.
- Replacing picture frames with easy clean ones.
- Installing a new toilet in the upstairs bathroom and replacing the flooring.
- Have a custom-built screen made for the reception desk.
- Replacing all chairs with plastic, easy clean ones.
- Installing “hands free” soap dispensers in the toilets.
- Installing “hands free” anti-bac dispensers at the top and bottom of the stairs.
- Replacing all pillows and pillowcases.
After we had done all of that (and we were pretty tired by then!) we then set about carrying out a full Covid-19 risk assessment, which resulted in the following procedures being implemented:
- Operating a locked-door policy to ensure we can control the flow of people in the Centre to maintain social distancing.
- Installing an anti-bac station at the main door and requesting everyone to use anti-bac or wash hands on entry.
- Introducing a “no mask, no entry” policy with all clients being required to wear a mask during treatment, except when lying face down. Masks and shields are available to purchase at reception for clients who forget theirs.
- Providing plastic baskets for clients to put personal possessions and clothing into to minimise contact with other surfaces.
- Cleaning of door handles, doorbell, grab rail, chairs, card machines and reception desk between each client in reception.
- Staggered appointment times to allow for therapy rooms, common areas and reception to be deep cleaned between clients.
- Providing all staff and therapists with face shields, to be worn at all times. This has since been upgraded to also add medical grade face masks for all therapists.
- Training all staff and therapists in cleaning and Covid-19 procedures.
- Added a reminder to our appointment emails regarding our procedures and asking clients to cancel if they had any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Both entrances to the Centre have the NHS Test and Trace poster displaying our QR code for you to scan on entry.
And then there are the bits behind the scenes that you, as clients, don’t see:
- We made individual laundry bags (yes, we made each one ourselves!) for transporting used towels to the kitchen where they are washed (in a giant commercial machine) and dried at high temperatures.
- We rearranged our staff kitchen and rest area to allow for social distancing.
- Rearranged the Director’s office to allow for social distancing and easy cleaning.
- We gave each of the admin team their own telephone handsets so they don’t have to share.
- We put all client notes into plastic storage boxes where they are safely kept in the office and “quarantined” for a minimum of 3 days.
"I felt really confident in the ability of my therapist which added to my enjoyment of the treatment and I feel the overall effect of it. It was a fantastic experience!"